Mill Valley Film Festival Education Programs
As a result of the very successful Mill Valley Film Festival and Musica Marin collaborative event on September 12th, 2015, Artistic Director, Ruth Kahn presents to Liana Bender of the Mill Valley Film Festival a check for the Mill Valley Film Festival Education Programs for the amount of $1,200.
California Film Institute
California Film Institute Education program provide young people of diverse backgrounds the opportunity to learn about themselves and the world through film. For more than 25 years CFI Education has touched the lives of over 150,000 diverse students aged 11-18 by providing free education programs. Some of Marin’s most underserved and at-risk students are given the opportunity to have their voices heard through these programs. CFI Education offers free annual screenings for school groups and their families, as well as several cinema-centric programs for Bay Area children, teens & adults that include hands-on filmmaking workshops and seminars that introduce students to the power of film as a communication tool with the ability to build bridges of understanding within communities and throughout the world.
Juilliard Scholarship Fund
The mission of The Juilliard School is to provide the highest caliber of artistic education for gifted musicians, dancers, and actors from around the world, so that they may achieve their fullest potential as artists, leaders, and global citizens.
To achieve this mission, Juilliard has identified six goals:
- Juilliard will identify and attract the most talented young performing artists from around the world and will strive to ensure that financial considerations are not a deterrent to their enrollment.
- Juilliard will provide an educational environment that fosters the artistic, intellectual, and personal growth of its students and prepares them to embark on successful careers and productive lives as artists and citizens, as well as to become leaders in their professions.
- Juilliard will continue to elevate its educational and artistic standards, remaining responsive to changing conditions in the worldwide performing arts community.
- Juilliard will continue to attract and retain renowned faculty members in all disciplines, by providing a collaborative work environment and involving them fully in the artistic and educational life of the community.
- Juilliard will uphold its commitment to the diversity of its community by fostering an environment that is inclusive, supportive, and welcoming to all.
- Juilliard will take an active role in shaping the future of the performing arts by providing exemplary arts education programs to the community and encouraging its students to serve as advocates for the arts in society.”
San Francisco Boys Chorus
Mission and Beliefs